Monthly Meeting:Third Monday | 5:00 - 7:00pm
230 E Main St, Georgetown, KY
Staff Lead:Joe Kane
- Megan Chan
- Matt Summers
- Ryan Cooper
Scott County’s urban areas provide: 1) Diversity of uses – which allows interaction and connectivity between land uses and transportation modes, 2) Distinct neighborhoods – which have strong character and equitable access, 3) Dedicated focus to our downtowns – which are the heart of each of our three cities, 4) Employment centers – where industrial and commercial activity are able to thrive and produce for the county and region, 5) Accessible institutions (schools, etc.) – which are distributed throughout the community, allowing for integration and collaboration, and 6) Natural and open spaces – which are identified and protected through acquisition, stewardship, and responsible site planning, and which are incorporated as vital components of our infrastructure and economy. 7) Transportation/connectivity with multi-access points between residential neighborhoods and community areas.
- Growth management and land use regulations positively impact the overall quality of life throughout the County and achieve a proper balance between the property rights of individuals and the rights and needs of the general public and community.
- The greenbelt acts as a land use buffer between urban and rural areas.
- Growth should occur predominately within existing urban areas.
- Urban centers should be strengthened through incentives, infill and adaptive reuse of existing buildings, incremental and sustainable growth.
- Main corridors into urban centers in Scott County should be planned to provide aesthetically pleasing and functional entryways.
- Neighborhoods should have diverse housing that is both high quality and accessible to varying income levels. Affordable high/low split commercial centers, parks, and other public spaces should be integrated to create dynamic neighborhoods with access to daily needs.
Date: Aug 15, 2016
In this meeting of the Land Use subcommittee we looked at the future land use policy and early drafts of the Future Land Use maps for Georgetown, Sadieville, and Stamping Ground.
Date: Apr 18, 2016
During this meeting of the Land Use subcommittee we discussed further the group's goals and objectives
Date: Mar 21, 2016
During this meeting of the Land Use subcommittee we discussed the group's goals and objectives
Date: Feb 15, 2016
During this first meeting of the Land Use subcommittee we took a broad look at the subcommittee meeting schedule, reviewed outcomes from the January public meeting, and discussed the goals of this subcommittee