Human Services & Community Building
Monthly Meeting:Fourth Thursday | 5:00 - 7:00pm
230 E Main St, Georgetown, KY
Staff Lead:Megan Chan
- Matt Summers
- John Carter
Scott County is a community based upon values and respect for all and benefits from high quality of life, accessible public services, and collaborative community partnerships. Our community supports resources to improve equity and access for everyone. Community members have diverse and welcoming locations and opportunities to work, gather, play and learn together, and support each other in times of need. Affordable housing is available, accessible, and kept in good condition. Low-Income, homeless, and disabled individuals have access to housing, food, and workforce training.
- All Scott County citizens should have access to a high standard of living and human services, including but not limited to: arts and cultural enrichment opportunities, quality housing, shelter, public transportation, food, health care, education, employment, and senior care.
- All Scott Countians should have safe and sanitary housing to meet the needs of a diverse population with varying income levels, household size and type, and special housing needs.
- The community values its numerous “Quality of Life Partnerships,” which promote and nurture strong, diverse, and safe environments where people have opportunities for cross-neighborhood interaction.
- Scott Countians should have access to quality education and workforce development opportunities throughout their lifetime.
- Funding for partnerships and opportunities comes from a variety of sources, i.e., city, county, college, private business and industry, and participants in the many activities.
- Every citizen should have access to artistic, cultural, educational, financial, health and wellness, and parks and recreational programs.
Date: Apr 28, 2016
During this meeting of the Human Services & Community Building subcommittee we discussed further the group's goals and objectives
Date: Mar 24, 2016
During this meeting of the Human Services & Community Building subcommittee we discussed the group's goals and objectives
Date: Feb 25, 2016
During this first meeting of the Human Services & Community Building subcommittee we took a broad look at the subcommittee meeting schedule, reviewed outcomes from the January public meeting, and discussed the goals of this subcommittee.