Growth & Economic Development
Monthly Meeting:Fourth Monday | 5:00 - 7:00pm
230 E Main St, Georgetown, KY
Staff Lead:Matt Summers
- Megan Chan
Scott County and its communities have a distinctive local and regional economic impact. A diverse economy encourages growth and provides consumers with an array of locally produced goods and contributes to the quality of life of the community. Local schools, job training resources, and a robust transportation network make Scott County a premier location for employers and employees.
- Economic and population growth should occur in a manner that allows for a fiscally healthy community.
- Educated and skilled citizens drive growth and attract employers.
- A variety of industries and commercial properties creates sustainable development.
- We promote a sustainable economy by encouraging a variety of industrial community entities.
- Diversified agriculture production allows sustained employment and local agricultural commerce. We are proud of our agricultural heritage.
- Technological infrastructure that is compatible with future economies improve our natural resources and improve opportunity for our community.
Date: Feb 22, 2016
During this first meeting of the Growth & Economic Development subcommittee we'll take a broad look at the subcommittee meeting schedule, review outcomes from the January public meeting, and discuss the goals of this subcommittee.